SIA-WIPO JOINT SYMPOSIUM 2017: ADR for Art and Cultural Heritage Disputes – 26/09/17
26/9/2017 New York
Join Columbia’s Copyright Advisory Office, Queen Mary University of London’s School of International Abritration and the World Intellectual Property Organization’s Abitration and Mediation Center for a one day symposium at Columbia University examining the viability and applicability of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms in resolving art and cultural heritage disputes.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This Symposium is an intensive one-day event that will explore the use of mediation and arbitration for the resolution of art and cultural heritage disputes, and discuss opportunities for tailoring ADR processes for such disputes.
Topics will include:
- Contracts, intellectual property and disputes relating to art and cultural heritage
- Benefits and limitations of ADR in the art and cultural heritage sector
- Perspective of cultural heritage organizations and perspectives from the art market
- Views from the perspective of the living artist
- Learning from past cases
- Institutional ethics and dispute resolution policies
- Drafting efective mediation and arbitration clauses and submission agreements
- WIPO model clauses and submission agreements
- Expertise of the tribunal; expert evidence
- Expedited Arbitration
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This seminar is designed for both art market professionals and art and cultural heritage experts and administrators responsible for risk assessments and decision making, mediators, arbitrators, lawyers and others wishing to familiarize themselves with the mediation and arbitration processes and their application in the context of art and cultural heritage disputes.
DATE, PLACE AND TIME
- Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Place: Room 523 Butler Library, Columbia University, See MAP
- Time: 8:30am – 3:30pm
AGENDA AND LIST OF SPEAKERS
For the symposium agenda and list of speakers SEE AGENDA
You must register to attend this event. General registration fees are $75 per person; $25 for Columbia University students with a valid university ID.
To register, Click Here